This week has been a wild one. Monday morning I called my doctor after persistent lower abdominal pains. He said he was pretty sure they were round ligament pains but to go ahead to the triage unit of St. Joe's Women's Hospital and have a full work up. I was surprised and worried at this point. I fully expected to be asked to come in to the office but nothing more. So I picked up Derek and we headed to the hospital. I was hooked up to a fetal monitor for the heartbeat and a contraction monitor just in case. NO contractions thank goodness. We heard a nice strong heartbeat and TONS of movement. They ran some tests, thankfully no bloodwork and took me in for a sonogram. We were in the room for 20-25 minutes, this time Derek got to go. They measured Peanut from every direction and said all was well. We were able to ask questions, no we did not ask the gender. This hospital was so sweet they even gave us a few photos to take home so here they are. 2 are pretty blurry because Peanut was moving, the baby had a good hold of their toes and was pretty curled up. When Peanut finally stretched out the hands went right to the face. So much fun, so tiny and so cute, we can't wait to hold our sweet baby.


No comments:
Post a Comment