Monday, April 13, 2009

Rolling Back at the Track

Saturday we headed to Tampa Bay Downs again. This time we had a GREAT deal. It was roll back prices day which means $1 beer, soda and hot dogs. And then my mom had VIP passes which got us in for free, free box seats, free programs and a $2 voucher for betting.
There were 12 races in total and we stayed and bet on all of them. Our seats were super close to the paddock so I went down to take some photos as the horses were suited up.


In the first race Derek and I decided to bet on the same horse which is unheard of for us. And wouldn't you know it the horst came in 1st. Of course my horse tends to come in 4th place which means I don't get paid for my bet.
Derek however had some nice payouts. His new favortie jockey is Dan or Dan the Man as he likes to call him. Mom and I found the apprentice jockey Michael Straight paid well for us. In fact Derek did so well thanks to Dan the man that I got a new purse.
VIP package saved $30
New purse $30
Betting on horses $150
Coming home a winner--PRICELESS

No comments: