Sunday, April 26, 2009

Nassau and Formal Night


Our ship arrived around 3pm Saturday in Nassau. Our itinerary had said Sun at 8:00 am. We took the opportunity and got off the ship to browse the shopping district. There were some photo opportunities with a cute Nassau sign. And then the courthouse, now that I think about it I wish I had taken a photo of myself in front of courthouses on all my travels.
Derek bought me a GORGEOUS rainbow sapphire pendant as my anniversary gift. I LOVE IT!! I had been eyeing one since our 1st cruise together. They are so unique.
Our second night was formal night. We decided to go semi casual this time. The highlight of my evening was Derek's first taste of escargot. I think its gross and the texture I can't take it. He insists it tastes like mushrooms....so I ask....why not just eat mushrooms??!!
After dinner and a little time with our friends at the craps table we returned to the cabin where Derek had the ship arrange rose petals, towel swans and champagne. It was gorgeous and SO ROMANTIC!!

2 comments:

Jess's Journal said...

I hear ya on the snails... why not just eat mushrooms is that's what they taste like... I don't like them either... just the thought... ewwww!!!!

WM said...

happy anniversary might wanna check this out http://www.flickr.com/photos/indegrow/