Wednesday, October 28, 2009

29 weeks

I completed 29 weeks on Tues (Oct 27), as of Thursday (Oct 29) I have 75 days to go. At this point thebump.com measures baby by the month. The good news is...we are on month 7 so its a new picture. Baby is the size of a squash.
What is baby up to? Baby's energy is surging, thanks to the formation of white fat deposits beneath the skin. (Have the kicks and jabs to the ribs tipped you off yet?)

I can personally tell you this baby moves NON STOP. One of the favorite places to kick is mommy's ribs. And usually when I am in my office with client's, or while trying to be quiet and still in court.
I am thankful for every tiny bit of movement however. It allows me to know the baby is moving and growing and that things seems to be progressing quite nicely.
Tuesday morning, Derek and I were up bright and early! I had scheduled my 1 hour glucose test for 7 am. Luckily the lab wasn't far from the house. I had been told not to eat or drink after midnight on Monday except water. When I arrived, I was put on the list and handed 10 ounces of what the tech described as melted orange slurpee. It was quite like a slurpee. More of an odd concoction of who knows what. I began drinking and 5 minutes in was asked if I was done, when I told her half way she said I had another 5 minutes. I finished it and immediately felt dizzy, lightheaded. This then turned to nauseated and loopy. Luckily, Derek sat with me for the duration and at 8:15 they took me back for a blood draw. Presumably I will get my results at my OB appt tomorrow. I pray I don't have to go back for the 3 hour test. I am praying for a healthy baby and a healthy mommy. One day at a time....

No comments: