Tuesday, July 14, 2009

My bad day

I went to work in my Clearwater office, unfortunately even before I got into the elevator I had fallen and HARD! I was waiting for the elevator to arrive and when the door opened I took 1 step, then fell on my butt and hit my arm and back on the way down. Upon my contact with the floor I slid until I hit the elevator door. A guy waiting with me had to help me up. Once up I went and handled the appt with a new client and the pain was so bad I promptly called Derek and left for the ER. Driving 1 handed was interesting, but I met up with Derek, who took me to meet Brian in the office so he could cover my mediation in Manatee county (poor client came from Miami). Then we went to Tampa General Hospital. They valeted our car and we were signed in promptly. Long story short, I had x-rays, with no broken bones though very sore muscles. And I got a very in depth sonogram to check on the pregnancy. Derek wasn't allowed to go with me so I had to report back. We are still measuring 4 days ahead and the baby looked so much bigger than just 3 weeks ago. I also got to hear the heart beat for the 1st time, it sounded like a train. I still feel awful Derek couldn't be with me. So 1 good thing out of the little peanut. 4 hours in the ER not fun.

2 comments:

Christy said...

Is it any surprise your Baby wanted an extra photo taken? Baby T just wanted you to have another little page for the scrapbook, you can explain good scrapbook pages/bad scrapbook pages when the little one is old enough....in the meantime, I'm so glad you are doing well, and what a sweet ending to a bad experience-a little heart beat to let you know both of you would be doing well soon!

Thomas Family said...

Yeah the bummer is it was a great sonogram but I didn't get any take home photos.