Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Maurine's 1st Red Raider Game

We were able to score tickets to the Red Raider game at Texas Tech University. The Raiders took on the Baylor University Bears. As a 1st timer, I was curious about all the traditions and nuances of the school, football games and bands.
The Raider band was quite impressive.
There are several mascots for 1 school which confuses the novest, but then its not up to me. The crowd was a little quiet compared to what I am used to, but a good game none the less. This was the last home game of the season for the Raiders, and the last college game for quarterback Grahm Harrell. We later found out Harrell played most of the game with a broken hand.

The Bears gave us all a scare (see it was a nail biter Christy!), but the Raiders pulled off a win.

1 comment:

Christy said...

I know, right! I'm so proud of our 'almost' win against Tech....but...since you guys came a long way to see the game, I'm glad you got to see a win....and one you had to work for!